FRONTLINE BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

WELCOME TO THE FRONTLINE BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE!
The Front Line Bootcamp Challenge is a three week commitment to band together with other men to go into strict training to strengthen your ability to deny yourself to take on the hills God has called you to as Real Man.

THE GOAL OF THIS BLOG is to create a gathering and feedback point to band together with other men in this challenge by posting the outcome, challenges and what you learned in your weekly challenge.

TO POST HOW YOU DID on your "plan of action" for the week click on your "Plan of Action" in the right hand column, then click on "comment" at the bottom and write your response. You will need a free google password to comment.

Friday, August 31, 2007

BAND OF BROTHERS PURPOSE & COMMITMENT

Banding together with others to be real men that
live courageously for God and others.
… to be the man, friend, father, son or husband God calls me to be
A REAL MAN's COMMITTMENTS

Rejects Passivity
Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, Hebrews 12:1-2

Accepts Responsibility
“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. John 4:34

Leads Courageously
Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

Loves Deeply
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever.
1 Peter 4:8-11
WHAT IT TAKES TO LIVE OUT THESE COMMITMENTS

Strict Training and Purposeful Engagment
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
Corinthians 9:25-27

Self Denial
“If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. Mark 8:34
Moving Toward the Future & Letting Go of the Past
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

1 comment:

Dave Enns said...

JD is a stud. He rocks.

The Band of Brothers

The Band of Brothers