FRONTLINE BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

WELCOME TO THE FRONTLINE BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE!
The Front Line Bootcamp Challenge is a three week commitment to band together with other men to go into strict training to strengthen your ability to deny yourself to take on the hills God has called you to as Real Man.

THE GOAL OF THIS BLOG is to create a gathering and feedback point to band together with other men in this challenge by posting the outcome, challenges and what you learned in your weekly challenge.

TO POST HOW YOU DID on your "plan of action" for the week click on your "Plan of Action" in the right hand column, then click on "comment" at the bottom and write your response. You will need a free google password to comment.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

THE WORTH OF A WIFE

The Challenge
This week’s challenge is to honor and appreciate your wife in who God has made her to be. There are two pieces to this challenge:

  1. Write down 10 character qualities or abilities you appreciate about your wife. Pray and thank God for each quality you wrote down each day this week.
  2. Show your wife that you appreciate her beyond what you normally do five out of the seven days – write down what you do everyday. How did it go?

    Ideas on how to appreciate your wife –
    - Send her a note / email
    - Compliment her for something she did
    - Do one of her chores for her
    - Buy something she likes
    - Use your imagination!

*Scroll down and click on "POST A COMMENT" to post your wives 10 qualities and / or how you did.

Theme Verses for the Week
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. Ephesians 5:25
Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act. Proverbs 3:27

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's the email I sent to my Room Brothers from last weekend...

Hey Guys,

I chose the Wife's Worth challenge. I just found out
that I have been doing it wrong. I am supposed to
write down 10 things I appreciate about her, and then
thank God for each of them daily and then show my wife
that I appreciate her 5 of the 7 days.

I was trying to do extra things here and there. I
have had some success in doing things for her, but was
not writing them down and have already forgotten what
they were. She has noticed that I have been nice and
she has been nice back to me.

On the other hand, I have gotten into a couple of
arguments with her this week too. I am going to go
write down my ten things right now and thank God for
them.

Also, I have made an efort to spend time with each of
the kids. Tyler and I went to the movies and ice
cream this week. Macie and I made a cake together.
Tanner and I are going to work on his website
together.

Let me know how you are doing.

Mark

Unknown said...

I have been trying to just be nicer as well this last week. Done a few things for the wife but as well did not write down the ten things. I will make sure to do that today. I have been slightly distracted by the fires, as other people have been as well I am sure. Well everyone stay strong and as long as we all stick together we can do this and hopefully it will become second nature for us. Have a good week.

Unknown said...

I chose The Worth of a Wife, last week. Honestly it didn't start out to good. The fire didn't help. I went home with a goal to appreciate my wife and help her when she needs it, not when I think that she needs it. I came up with more than ten things that I appreciate about her, which was easy. It was the supporting her needs that I found hard. I took last week as a pre-game practice and this week is the first week of Boot Camp.

Unknown said...

This was the challenge I chose to focus on this last week along with the 'Impact of a Dad'. Honestly, I just didn't do that much different than I usually do. The main benefit I had was 3 extra days at home that I normally wouldn't have because of the fires. But did I take advantage of those days? Not really. Not that I had a bad week with my wife or the kids. I just didn't do as much as I had hoped in really focusing on the things I appreciate.

Still working on this one in the coming week. But also adding a more tangible one of the Pure H2O.

Unknown said...

Hey BOB's,

I selected the Wife's Worth challenge. Funny....Dave Enns had mentioned at the Retreat that when he selected this one over the summer, he got in an argument with his wife. Guess what....same thing happened to me. Strike 1. Disappointing, but I got back on the horse, wrote down the 10 things and prayed for those things most of the week. The fires actually created more of an opportunity for me, and I give my self a "C" for taking advantage of it. I decided to work on the "Wife's worth challenge" again this week. My wife is noticing some of the changes. Keep praying.

Steve

Unknown said...

Well, I can't say I followed the format perfectly, but what I did do worked out wonderfully.

I set out with the goal of helping out with little things, and trying to be more accommodating to her, and thing snowballed from there. I took on her "woman duties" like doing the dishes, laundry, and general housekeeping (how is that for stereotyping?). No, really, I wanted to find a way of serving my wife, and this seemed like a good place to do that.

I also made a special effort to be there emotionally for her, especially with listening to her vent her stressors (a particularly hard thing for me to do).

There have been some positive things that came from this week. First and most importantly, my wife noticed my extra effort and twice told me I was "so nice to her lately" (I hope that doesn't mean that I usually am not), and we have been drawn closer.
Second, my house is much cleaner!

Oh, by the way, I plan on continuing this and applying it permanently to my life.

The Band of Brothers

The Band of Brothers